- 1-1/4"(33mm) x 1/4"(8mm) Ferrocerium Rod. Sizes come in sets of 3,5 and 10 Ferro Rods, choose from drop down menu above.
- Comes with two 4.5mm drilled holes, easily fits 7 strand 550 paracord. Ferrocerium will ignite in any condition, great as an emergency firestarter. Attach it to your boot laces or backpack and never be without fire again!
- Solid Ferro Rod w/ Pre-drilled Holes is Great for Paracord Projects. Create Bracelets with Functionality, or a Fire Starter Necklace!
- See "Product Description" for fire starting techniques. Bracelet shown not included.
- Type-III Products is a Veteran Owned and Operated Small Business
Description: Ferrocerium is a man-made metallic material that can create extremely hot sparks (up to 3000 degrees fahrenheit) when scraped by a rough surface or a sharp edge such as a knife. It is a reliable and indispensable tool for any survivalist, backpacker, camper, or enthusiast. Ferrocerium is a favored survival tool because of its ability to create sparks even when conditions are wet, cold and less than optimal. Never be without fire again, take this ferro rod with you everywhere by attaching it to your paracord bracelets, bootlaces, backpack, and much more! The rod can be sparked with a knife or striker (not included). Sizes come in 1, 3, 5, or 10 ferrocerium rods. Choose from the drop down menu above. Ferrocerium measures 1 1/4”(33mm) x 1/4”(8mm). Ferrocerium comes with two pre-drilled 5mm holes, easily fits 7 strand 550 paracord making them great for paracord bracelets and other paracord projects(bracelet shown not included).
Fire Starting Techniques: Think safety first! Always use caution when using ferrocerium and when creating a fire. Prepare a fire pit with kindling at a safe distance (at least 10 feet) from any shelter or combustible structures. Then construct a tinder bundle by gathering dry, light and very combustible materials. Hold a knife or striker (sold separately) against the ferrocerium rod and using pressure, quickly scrape the ferrocerium aiming the sparks towards the tinder bundle. It is more effective to move the ferrocerium rod during this process, not the knife/striker. Also, using ferrocerium shavings inside your tinder bundle will increase the chances of success.
Length - 1 1/4" (3.3cm)
Width - 1/4" (8mm)
Two Drilled Holes - ~1/8" (4.5mm)
*This product is exclusive to Type-III Products. It comes in a sealed package with our trademarked logo and header card*
Customer Satisfaction is our priority, if there are any problems with your purchase please contact us and we will gladly resolve the issue.