- 1" x 1/4" Ferrocerium Rod & 1" x 1" Stainless Steel Loop w/ Serrated Knife. Sizes come in sets of 1,3 and 5. One set consists of (1) Ferrocerium rod and (1) Loop Striker, choose from drop down menu above.
- Comes with two 4.5mm drilled holes, easily fits 7 strand 550 paracord. Ferrocerium will ignite in any condition, great as an emergency firestarter. Attach it to your boot laces or backpack and never be without fire again!
- Serrated (Sawtooth) Knife stays sharper longer than a Plain Edge knife. Use the flat side of the Serrated Knife to strike the ferrocerium rod, this will produce the best results for creating sparks.
- See "Product Description" for fire starting techniques. Bracelet shown not included.
- Type-III Products is a Veteran Owned and Operated Small Business
The set comes with a Ferrocerium toggle and a loop knife striker. The toggle/knife combo is perfect for paracord bracelets and projects, or attach it to your boot laces or backpacks! Its compact size makes it a great accent to your gear without taking up too much space. The serrated striker makes sparking the flint easy, and can be used as a cutting tool. Don't be without fire ever again, this item is for true pyromaniacs and is not a toy.
Fire Starting Techniques:
Prepare a fire pit with kindling at a safe distance (at least 10 feet) from any shelter or combustible structures. Then construct a tinder bundle by gathering dry, light and very fine combustible materials. Some examples are; dried seed heads, down, or an abandoned birds nest. Also, commercial items such as cotton pads, cigarette filters, or even pocket lint. The tinder bundle should be at least the size of a softball, the larger the bundle the greater chance it has to light a more substantial form of kindling. Scraping a small amount of the ferrocerium rod into the tinder bundle can greatly increase the chances of success. For safety it is best to place the tinder bundle inside the fire pit, always use caution when handling and creating fire! Hold the striker at a 45 degree angle with the flat side against the Ferro Rod (the serrated edges should be facing up) and using pressure, quickly scrape towards the tinder bundle and Ferrocerium shavings. If done correctly the Ferrocerium will crackle and ignite the tinder bundle and the larger kindling inside your fire pit!
*This product is exclusive to Type-III Products. It comes in a sealed package with our trademarked logo and header card.*
Bracelet shown not included
Customer Satisfaction is our priority, if there are any problems with your purchase please contact us and we will gladly resolve the issue.