- 1" x 1/4" Ferrocerium Rod & 1" x 1" Stainless Steel Loop w/ Serrated Knife. Sizes come in sets of 1,3 and 5. One set consists of (1) Ferrocerium rod and (1) Loop Striker, choose from drop down menu above.
- Ferrocerium rod comes with two 4.5mm drilled holes, easily fits 7 strand 550 paracord. Ferrocerium will ignite in any condition, great as an emergency firestarter. Attach it to your boot laces or backpack and never be without fire again!
- Serrated (Sawtooth) Knife stays sharper longer than a Plain Edge knife. Use the flat side of the Serrated Knife to strike the ferrocerium rod, this will produce the best results for creating sparks.
- See "Product Description" for fire starting techniques. Bracelet shown not included.
- Type-III Products is a Veteran Owned and Operated Small Business
Description: This set consists of (1) Ferrocerium rod and (1) Loop Knife/Striker. Sizes come in sets of 1, 3 and 5. Choose from the drop down menu above. Ferrocerium measures 1”(26mm) x 1/4”(8mm) & black stainless steel loop with serrated knife/striker measures 1”(26mm) x 1”(26mm). Ferrocerium comes with two pre-drilled 4.5mm holes, easily fits 7 strand 550 paracord making them great for paracord bracelets and other paracord projects(bracelet shown not included). Ferrocerium will ignite in any condition, great as an emergency firestarter. Attach it to your boot laces or backpack and never be without fire again! Its compact size makes it a great accent to your gear without taking up too much space. Serrated sawtooth style knife/striker stays sharper longer than a plain edge knife and can be used as a small cutting tool in a pinch. Use the flat side of the serrated knife to strike the ferrocerium rod(the serrated spines should be facing up), this will produce the best results for creating sparks.
Fire Starting Techniques: Think safety first! Always use caution when using ferrocerium and when creating a fire. Prepare a fire pit with kindling at a safe distance (at least 10 feet) from any shelter or combustible structures. Then construct a tinder bundle by gathering dry, light and very combustible materials. Hold a knife or striker (sold separately) against the ferrocerium rod and using pressure, quickly scrape the ferrocerium aiming the sparks towards the tinder bundle. It is more effective to move the ferrocerium rod during this process, not the knife/striker. Also, using ferrocerium shavings inside your tinder bundle will increase the chances of success.
*This product is exclusive to Type-III Products. It comes in a sealed package with our trademarked logo and header card.*
Bracelet shown not included
Customer Satisfaction is our priority, if there are any problems with your purchase please contact us and we will gladly resolve the issue.